Out with the old and in with the new… again.  I am changing blog platforms yet again.  Not because I didn’t like my old platform which happened to be WordPress, but because it quickly became unwieldy and unreliable.  The frequency of updates is almost as annoying as Firefox, and most recently an update made the system become completely unusable and returned it to a fresh install state.

I am sure it was recoverable, but I just don’t have the time for that sort of maintenance anymore, nor do I really need that sort of flexibility. The posts are simply written in my platform of choice and pulled into my own site.  Best tool for the job, and that right now for me is Tumblr.

Tumblr is managed, so I can just focus on posting the content that I want, and retrieve what I want via it’s API’s.  It’s a far better solution, but not without it’s share of work.  There are few usable libraries for C# to retrieve from Tumblr, so I ended up writing my own for the most part.  I will more then likely contribute this to Github so it can get reused and improved.

Nothing on my personal Web site will really change in the short term, although I do plan to rework the site into a stream from Tumblr, Flickr, Twitter, and other sites in the long term.  There is some work that needs to be done before that can happen.